Monday, May 25, 2009

Patriotic Mini-Concert

Last Thursday night all the 1st grade classes at Chase's school put on 'The First Grade Patriotic Mini-Concert' for all their families. They worked so hard on learning all the songs. Here are the songs they sang:
The Star Spangled Banner
Pledge of Allegiance
There Are Many Flags
Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue
You're a Grand Old Flag
This Land is Your Land
Yankee Doodle/ Yankee Doodle Dandy
America, America
Your Land and My Land
America the Beautiful
God Bless the USA
God Bless America

It was such a sweet performance with lots of cute props and movement. We were so proud of Chase. Now, I love Spencer with all my heart but I made the mistake of putting him in charge of taking pictures while I video taped the performance. So this is what I got...

Where's Chase?? (I guess Spencer didn't feel the need to get up off his chair to take these)
Photobucket

You can almost see his whole face in this one...
Photobucket

Oooh, there it is...
Photobucket

I understand it was the camera's fault for the blurriness, but come on, did he even have his eyes open when he took this one...
Photobucket

I love the way the 2 heads in the audience separated perfectly so he could take this one...
Photobucket

If only the lady in the blue shirt would scoot over a little...
Photobucket

Oh, there we go, thanks lady. If only the camera hadn't blurred it...
Photobucket

Hey! I thinks he's got the hang of it now...

Maybe not...

Perfect. There's the face we love...

Chase with Emma and Macy, 2 of his besties. He has known them since birth and they give him rides to and from school every day...

Chase with his teacher, Mrs. Primmer...

We stopped and took these pictures just in case the other ones hadn't come out right. Good thing...



3 comments:

Amy said...

All I can say is that is QUITE the patriotic outfit he is sporting in the last picture...you had better save that for the 4th.

One time I asked my cousin Ryan to take a picture of me in a triathlon. He took about 15 pictures of girls in black jerseys. I have one picture of me as I am about out of the frame in my light blue jersey...so I guess at least Spencer was taking pictures of the correct child.

Michelle said...

Awww, I'm starting to get excited for all the "school fun."

Angela said...

That would be the number one reason I don't hand off the camera to Russ!!! He would have done the exact same thing. One Christmas I asked him to take pictures at his family party. All I got that year was a bunch of people never looking at the camera. I have taken control since then!