I like to keep my boys involved in some kind of sport or activity. It builds character and it gets some of their energy out. We decided to skip soccer season this year so I was looking for something else for the boys to do. Hip Hop? Swim year round? Gymnastics? Football? Baseball? So we took the boys to the BMX track and let them ride. Chase and Gavin had both raced the track a few times about a month ago but this was Wade's 1st time. We didn't let Wade race because he couldn't make it up some of the hills with his little bike. But he had a blast doing practice rounds... about 30 of them!
So the next morning Spencer was a man on a mission to find BMX racing bikes for all 3boys. He found 3 bikes just in time for the boys to race that night. This was Wade's 1st race and he did so good. So I guess it's BMX for us!
Wade with his trophy for being a 1st time racer
All 3 boys did really well. Gavin won a 3rd place trophy!
Starting a practice round




5 comments:
That looks really fun! I'm especially diggin' on Wade's gigantic motorcycle helmet. :) I know some families in my ward who take their kids to do this, fun stuff.
That is so cool! Where is that at?
Can I come down and race. That is one nice thing about California they have stuff like that to do were as Utah does not have so much. Good Luck Boys!!!
It's pretty sad that Wade is already starting his professional BMX racing career and Brenna doesn't even own a bike, let alone know how to ride one. We already know what Santa's bringin' this year. Man, Wade rocks!
SWEET! I guess you know your new past time. Wade looks like a different kid on his new bike. He probably didn't get as much exercise as the night before though. The second night he only had to do one pedal cycle versus three pedal cycles the night before to go the same difference.
Post a Comment