Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm Bumpin'

So, don't laugh, but when I first saw the infomercial for Bumpits I was smitten. What a cool idea. I can never get those cool bumps in my hair like all the other girls. Not the sky-high, Frankenstein lookin' ones... just the perfectly teased ones near the forehead cutely pinned back with bobby pins. Even Chase thought I should order the Bumpits. Once he even wrote down the 1-800 number for me so I could order them. And he mentioned to daddy that he should get them for me. Chase is a sucker for infomercials like his mother (don't even get me started with QVC/HSN).

Well the other day my sweet, thoughtful husband came home with a bag and said there was something in it for me. I eagerly pulled out a Bumpits box! "Put 'em on mommy!" my boys chanted. So I went in the privacy of my own bathroom to try them out. I quickly realized this little brilliant invention was not for me. Now, I'm not hating on anyone who owns these and loves them. They just weren't doin' it for ME. So I carefully wrapped them and put them back in the box.

Later that night I sadly informed Spencer that the Bumpits were not bumpin' my hair the way I wanted them to. I appreciated his thoughtful gift, but I thought it would be best to just return them and get the money back (and by that I mean I get his money back!) :)

I left the carefully rewrapped Bumpits box on my bathroom counter. Well, here we are a few days later and I was in my office posting on my blog. The 2 older boys were at school, the baby was asleep, and Wade was playing around the house. After awhile, Wade came in with one of the Bumpit pieces (the large-and-in-charge Marge Simpson one).
Wade: "Mom, I bought this for you with daddy's money. Can you put it on?"
Me: "Where did you put the box to that Wade?"
Wade: "I'll go get it."



Needless to say, I'm the proud owner of a set of Bumpits. I was totally gonna buy a cute shirt for myself with the 'Bumpit money'. Oh-well. So Wade and I spent the next half hour trying on the Bumpits. BTW, If you see me, and my hair is bumpin' 6 inches high... you'll know my secret.

10 comments:

Amber said...

Ok, You better be sporting it at church Sunday I want to see. I need something like that. My hair is the same day in and out..... And that is why I am the mother of boys. LOL

Erin said...

Hey- you can still return it! Just say you were so excited to try them you got a little carried away opening them!

Michelle said...

oh my gosh, i was totally laughing reading this post because I tried those things in my hair at the mall and I looked like a total idiot. I was putting it in and laughing right in front of the sales person. They totally don't work like the commercials say.

all that i love said...

Wade is so cute! I bought those too and my hair didn't turn out to look like the girls on TV. I didn't return it because it was only $10 and not worth my trip back to the store. I do have to admit that I use the small one.

Anne Marie said...

I'm the same. I guess they're not for everyone. I love that you're boys love to take care of you!

Allison Holmes said...

LOL that is so funny! I have yet to hear a good review on those darn things!

wenselgang said...

I thought only people from Utah owned those! Great post, it would have been better if you posted a picture of you wearing them.

Amy said...

Where are the bump-it pics?? You might be able to do a discounted bump-it sale to Brynlee...she mentioned wanting some.

Oh and to wenselgang...us girls in Utah don't NEED a bump-it...we have the technique down already...bump-its are for those OUTSIDE of Utah that want to look like the Utah bump-it pro!! :)

wenselgang said...

No worries Amy - I'm from Utah, I know the technique!

Amy said...

That is funny!!

I did see them advertised in a fashion magazine last night at work. There was even instructions about how high top stylists use them. It made me giggle.