Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sneaky Sneaky

I couldn't take it anymore. I missed my husband SO much since he had been gone for 3 days. So I planned a surprise. Mind you, I am not good at surprises. More often than not I end up telling Spencer what I got him for birthdays, Christmas, etc. before the actual day even comes. Anyway, before Spencer left for the dove hunt I asked him if he would meet me and the boys at Disneyland after work on Thursday (the day after he got back). A little too reluctantly he said yes. Little did he know I had a little something up my sleeve. I then called my mom to see if she would watch the boys that night so I could meet Spencer by myself. This was a big deal for me because it was the 1st time I was leaving Ezra, he's still a full time nursing baby!

The dove hunt came and went and I was so excited for our surprise date. BTW, I won't even tell you when the last time was that Spencer and I went on a date, no kids. It's really sad. I called Spencer at least 4 times that day to confirm that he was going to meet us at Disneyland. After dropping the boys off, I called Spence to see where he was. He was already at Disneyland waiting for us/me. So it was pedal to the metal! When I got there and got off the tram Spencer was waiting by the front gate. He saw me coming all alone and had a confused look on his face. I think he nearly had to change his pants when he realized what I had pulled off.

We had a fun night together. It was so nice to spend alone time with the love of my life. I am such a lucky girl to be married to this guy! And of course we had to point out all the babies we saw that looked like Ezra. What can I say, we just love our boys!

Snuggling up on the Matterhorn

9 comments:

Matt and Amie said...

Arent those special dates without the kids so wonderful?!? Even though you love the kids and miss them so much when you are away...there is nothing like a good one on one date with your special man! Im glad you guys had fun! :)

all that i love said...

It definitely makes it more fun when date night isn't every weekend. But I do have to say that is has been a while for Warren and I. To make matters worse since we moved we haven't found a babysitter. We have no one to watch our kids. It will be a good while before we go out alone. Maybe when my parents are here we can get away for an hour or so.

Hemphill Family said...

FUN! Good job pulling that off. I'm not good at secrets either.

Amy said...

That is awesome...you need to do that every once in a while. I am sure your mom kept all the boys alive and well.

Shalece said...

Fun, date nights with no kids are definately needed! :)

Amber said...

FUN! Way to be sneaky! We are getting our passes at again to Dland for Christmas. So we will HAVE to do a date night there.

Michelle said...

Watch out, I'm about to bust out a compliment here.....you look really pretty in that picture! :) Glad you guys got to get out without the kids. See, it wasn't so bad was it? If we go two weeks without a date night, I just about lose it.

wenselgang said...

How fun for you guys! The two years that we had passes, Robert and I only went there once on a date. It's a much different experience when you don't have to constantly count little heads!

Anne Marie said...

That's so cool that you were able to pull that off. Glad you had a great time!